Review by Kain vs Raziel

Reviewed: 07/25/05

Hey, how about an oath!

I have been a big fan of the Dynasty Warrior series for years. I also enjoyed Kessen, Samurai Warriors, and other various koei games. This, however, is my first Romance of the Three Kingdoms game.
This game is a lot like Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, except you have control of economics and military. The other difference is that you do not command a person on a battle field, instead you command units of men that have a leader (leader = a character).

Gameplay 9/10
The game play is excellent. It provides you with hours of fun and multiple ways to play the game. You can also obtain quite a few titles and ranks. The only thing that needed fixing was the AI system. The AI never asked for help, they didn't make alliances ect. It required you to do the friendship making. Other than that the game was great.

In officer creation mode you can make up t 110 new officers. You can play as your creation officers in the game or choose from the other 650 officers from the game. You can make your own families or singular characters. You are given a lot more than 110 picture to choose from, so if you don’t like a certain portrait, don’t use it.

Graphics 9/10
The graphics are as good as they needed to be for a strategy game. Graphical ability is typically not a big deal for strategy games such as this, although they could of made the video clips a little better.

Story 10/10
It’s the same story as Dynasty Warriors, except in more detail. The historical story is presented through video clips, pictures, and dialog.

Your main goal as a ruler is to unify China. You can do this historically or fictionally. You can do whatever you like, so if you do not want to unify china, you do not have to.

Sound 10/10
I had no problem with the sound or music. It fits the game and sounds great.

Lifespan 10/10
Well the lifespan is incredibly long. You can make 110 officers on top of the 650 already made. You can play as any of them. You also have lots of historical video clips, pictures, and portraits to unlock. There are also quite a few items find, buy, or win.

Also, if you die, you can continue your game through family or an oath brother.

Buy-ability 10/10
To fully enjoy this game, you have to buy it. It is just to big to rent. I can’t see anyone fully completing it in a week. If you’re a fan of Dynasty Warriors and you like strategy, well, then this is a game for you.

Overall 10/10
Well, I typically don’t give games a 10/10, but this game earned it. It is a great game and I recommend it to anyone who is a DW fan or someone who likes strategy.

Would you recommend this