NEW GAME+ - Carried over Classes?

1. I just wanted to have a confirmation on a new game+ related point (but couldn't find the answer anywhere).

I've beaten this game once (using Barbara), but when starting over (with Gray), I noticed that some characters I had used in my previous game (namely Gallahad & Claudia) had NO job classes unlocked.
    I thought that all unlocked classes were carried over from a game to another, but I suspect that it only relates to the characters you have as party members when you beat the final boss - not all the characters you have played throughout your whole game (and we all know that RS is a game that's designed to let you play a great variety of characters).

If this is true, then it would mean that it's no use to spend any jewel to unlock advanced classes for characters that you don't intend to keep in your final party.
    I'd even say that it would push you to recruit your "expected final party members" as early as possible in the game to make sure you make the most of jewels and classes.

Could anyone confirm this point?

User Info: alcahest_g

alcahest_g - 11 years ago

1. when beating the game and playing newgame+ the ONLY class that carries over is the one you choose for your main character....i had one of the legendary classes that uses less DP so i gave that to my main since it's physically impossible to obtain it so early in the game...and you don't qualify for the class either so i suggest not changing it until you can qualify for it again

User Info: domo4th

domo4th - 11 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. First, you have to change a character to the classes in order to unlock them for future playthroughs, not just qualify. Second, you only have the option to pick whatever classes you've unlocked for your Main character when you start new game +, that's it. All other characters will be back to their default class.

User Info: yipviva

yipviva - 11 years ago 0   0
  2. Those answers don't make any sense... when I went to do a new game + on my game, nearly anyone that I picked had nearly 5 options for classes, and I hadn't used half of them in my party, and I definitely didn't use half the classes that were available, including, also, a legendary class.

User Info: Flare_Dragon123

Flare_Dragon123 - 11 years ago 0   0