Review by Ellsworth11

Reviewed: 04/04/05

Not a game to consider buying, but an good rental

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 is a very nice squad warfare game where you can command a squad of paratroopers to march through Normandy, but it lacks the excitement of some of the other war games that have come out before it, such as Call of Duty. To play this game requires quick thinking and how to use your men, but I do not think it is the best war game.

Graphics: This game has pretty good graphics that are better then most of the other war games that I have played before it, but it does little to add to the game play.

Sound: This game has realistic sound, and constant use of the curses, including the "F" word, which makes you think that you are in another more violent game, but I think that language was one of the things our American soldiers have used and are still using, so if you think about it, curses are just another addition to the game play. Other sounds such as guns blazing and machinery moving were made very well, and adds to game play.

Game play: As I have mentioned before, the sound effects add much to the game, but graphics do not. The controls to the game are fairly simple, but you should try to memorize the commands you can give your squad, because these commands save your life more then once, guaranteed. Shooting is often done at a fairly long distance, so you have to get used to aiming accurately, to those of you who just like playing a game and blasting your way through it. Sometimes you may command your squad to suppress the Germans into hiding while you move in for a flank maneuver, which is a great addition to the game play because it uses strategy to make your tasks simpler. Game play is done well.

Keep in mind that if you are looking for a really realistic war game, this might not be the game for you, but ultimately, you should judge. If you are looking for a nice action packed shooter, you should also judge, because this game is torn in between a great action game, and a great realistic game. A good rental.