Review by EviILarry29

Reviewed: 04/08/04

Simply Amazing

I do not follow boxing, but after playing this game, I might. I picked it up mostly because of the hype and it looked good. Well, EA does not disappoint.

Graphics - 10/10
I love the graphics, and I think they play a big part in a sports game like this one. The details on the fighters are top notch. The renders are so well done and the overall presentation looks great. The arenas look beautiful, though I wouldn't have minded a little more light to some of the environments, but I live. The blood splatters and other effects are also well done. Great graphics to a great game.

Sound - 9/10

The music is mostly rap, and that's fine with me, but if you don't like it, there's always the mute button. I'm not sure how many tracks are in this, but who really pays attention to that. The commentary reminds me of NBA Street. It has a street fight atmosphere to it rather than something you'd see on TV. So the sound is nothing to scream about, but there're no flaws either.

GamePlay - 10/10

I love the gameplay. The favorite part is, I hate the most hyped thing about it, the total punch control. I feel that it's too easy to mess up and have the opponent sock ya while you're trying to recover. Though there are options to change the controls if you're like me. The gameplay itself is smooth and fun. It's easy to control the boxer, and it's very easy to pick up and learn. The variety of boxers are good, and the create a boxer (sort of) is a nice touch. The replays of the knockouts are also a very nice touch.

Replay Ability - 10/10

If you have friends, this game will never get boring. There is a Career mode which should take up some of your time. And the online capabilities allow you to go online and challenge others. So it'll be a long time before you get bored with this game.

Buy or rent

I always rent a game before I buy it, but with this game, if you like the genre, I suggest buying it. There is no major flaws in the gameplay, and no signs that EA rushed it and screwed up on things (MVP Baseball). So either way, this game is a great way to kill time and have fun. Enjoy!