1. I just got a PS2 from a friend and it was full of dust and dirt. I manage to clean most of the dirt and dust off and from inside the system. I tried to play a game on it but every time it says disc error. The disc has no scratches on it. I tried another game on it and it worked like a charm. So I don't understand why I'm having problems with this one game. I got a laser lens cleaner to get the dust off the lens but it's not reading the disc. I have never owned a PlayStation before so I don't know what to do. Please help!

User Info: RedRoseAngel

RedRoseAngel - 1 year ago
  2. Additional Details:
    The game that won't work is Chulip. The game that does work is We Love Katamari. I cleaned the Chulip disc and checked if there we scratches but there's nothing wrong with it. I don't understand and I'm getting really pissed off with not being able to play it. >:(

User Info: RedRoseAngel

RedRoseAngel - 1 year ago

1. When one game works and another doesn't it usually means that it is a problem with the game, not the console. It could be anything from the game disc deteriorated because it was left exposed to sunlight or dust even though there aren't any visible indications of damage. It sounds like you did a great job cleaning the console.

If available you can try the disc in a friends console, or take it to a game shop and try it in their console. Some game shops can polish or refinish a disc as well. Those are your only real options besides trying to get a replacement game disc. Good luck.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 1 year ago 1 0