Ratchet & Clank Going Commando transition cut scene loop, help?!?

1. Alright, I am playing Ratchet & Clank Going Commando on PS2 and I am on Planet Joba. When I tried to load my memory, it shows the transition cutscene where you see the ship zooming by, but the cutscene is in some sort of loop, as it keeps playing over and over again. I tried resetting the game, taking it the disc out, (which is in mint condition) and wiping it off, I dusted the disc and the inside of the PS2, and it just keeps replaying. Is there anything I can do?!?

User Info: Mierda_Ocurre12

Mierda_Ocurre12 - 10 years ago
  2. I have the same problem. I try to go to Wupash Nebula and Maktar Resort from Planet Oozla, but it has the same loop.

User Info: jinzofiter

jinzofiter - 8 years ago
  3. I just experienced this problem on my own. the answers dont say anything but get another disc. any other ways???

User Info: bfox7a

bfox7a - 4 years ago

1. I know you already fixed it, but borrowing another copy of the game is the best way to fix this. Just pass that part on the borrowed copy, then play your own one again

User Info: awesomesauce13

awesomesauce13 - 10 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. Damaged game disc, replace the disc. Or the console is having problems. See the PS2 Hardware FAQs (click "Platform: PS2" above) for help with solving those problems.

It doesn't take much damage (on either side of the disc) or smudging to halt a disc during a read operation. This is still the most likely cause for freezes since you've already diagnosed that a replacement disc eliminates the problem.

The last potential problem is associated with memory cards with larger than 8MB capacity. Notice if the freezes are coinciding with when the game is auto-saving. Try unplugging the memory card first (you can always reinstate auto-saving later) and then making the transition again.

These things will hold true with ANY game, BTW.

User Info: falconesque

falconesque - 8 years ago 0   0