Review by 1everdude

Reviewed: 05/22/07

Fun for the artist inside of you.

Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color is an excellent game. It can provide fun for younger kids for days, as they try to draw a good doodle, and for older kids for a couple hours. It is very easy to learn, probably taking only half an hour to learn the game.

Sound/Music 5/10: The sounds for this game are nice at first, but after a while the music gets annoying. The music is fine, but there are only 3 or 4 songs in the
entire game. Still, they are good for little kids, so a few extra points for that.

Gameplay 9/10: The gameplay is nice and simple. X is the action button, /\ is to open the doodle book, which is where you store your doodles, left analog stick to move, right to look around. In battle the controls are also simple. L1 to Attack, R1 to block, X, O, /\, and square are magic. The Battling is similar to Rock, Paper, Scissors. Attack is strong to block and weak to magic, Block is strong against magic and weak against attack, Magic is strong to attack and weak to block. Charge heals a little damage and raises damage by the next attack.

Replay: 7/10 After you beat the game you can still play, beating more people, leveling up your doodles, and getting more colors to make more doodles.

Story 7/10: The story is that the king of doodles is gone, and so are a lot of colors, and you have to bring the colors back. It's unique, which is good. Much better than your character is the chosen one and you have to defeat a great evil with your special power.

Rent or Buy: You should probably rent it just to see if you like it, then buy it even if you don't like it. You'll grow to like it, trust me. If you are sure you don't like it, then mail me a letter stating why you don't like it, how much you paid for it, and whether you like my review or not, and I'll give you a refund if you did like my review(or lied and said you did).

Score: (not averaged) 7/10