Red Screen of Death?

1. So I just bought The Sims for my Play Station 2 from McKay's. I'm trying to get it to play but it's not working. It continues to make a whirling noise (like a printer printing) when I try to start it up and it either goes to the Red Screen of Death or it says "Disc read error". It looks brand new, has zero scratches, and the disc container has the original owner's manual. I need help.

User Info: Roaringlion16

Roaringlion16 - 2 years ago
  2. It's not the console because I tried my other games and they work, it's just this one.

User Info: Roaringlion16

Roaringlion16 - 2 years ago

Answers

1. Its still possibly the console, some disks are more difficult to read because of their layering and you may need to have your laser cleaned. Otherwise, you may have a bad disk that has been "filled" or "treated" to get rid of cracks or scuffs in the surface.

Try another PS2, or take it back to teh store and have them test it in store to see if it works.

User Info: Slasher424242

Slasher424242 - 2 years ago 0   0
  2. The console lens can be prone to wear and tear, especially on older models. Do any other 'blue' disks struggle on your system? Or any old PlayStation disks?

User Info: PS2FAN1181

PS2FAN1181 - 8 months ago 0   0