Review by adebcool

Reviewed: 11/04/02 | Updated: 11/04/02

Surprisingly Good

I recently rented this game and I love it! I'm definitely going to buy it later on. Being an adamant fan of games like GTA3 and GTAVC, I have high standards and this game lives up to them. The tutorial at the begining of the game was not helpful,and I was about to turn off this, what I thought, a wasted rental. I kept playing and I was glad I did. I've never had so much fun trying and then failing. Even if you bungle a mission it's still very fun.

Graphics 9/10

The graphics are great. Your character, 47, looks cool. His suit and tie covering up his concealed slew of weapons ranging from shotguns to anasthetics...Need I say more! The levels are quite large and look excellent. Snow in Russia looks like snow. Rain looks like rain. It's all good

Sound 10/10

This is where the game shines. If you are lucky enough to have surround sound on your TV, use it please. From the crisp sound of bullets bouncing off a wall to the almost errie orchestra, the sound is excellent. The voice acting too is solid. 47 sounds cool. Your mission briefer sounds like she should too.

Control 8/10

This is the only major weakness in the game. This is not a pick-up-and-play game. Be prepared to die because of this. On the first mission I died about 10 times before I actually succeeded. This was largely due to the fact that it was difficult to aim and fire and ironically it is hard to use stealth mode due to the controls which happens to be a major emphasis in this game. When you finally are able to master the controls, that should've been tighter, It's fine.

Gameplay 10/10

The missions are great and very challenging. I'm not all the way through yet but they range from taking out generals, poisoning mafia leaders and blowing up cars. There are multiple ways of achieving the goal. You can disguise yourself as a meek postman with flowers, walk innocently past the guards, hand the leader the flowers and then shoot him in the head...Cool :).. Or if you are agressive you can shoot everyone in sight. Your pick.

Overall 9/10

Excellent game, not perfect but excellent nonetheless. Is seldom am inspired to beat a game, but this one I am definately going to try to. Rent or Buy? I rented this one but I'm going to buy it, you do the same...GO!