Review by Le Miserable

Reviewed: 10/23/02 | Updated: 10/23/02

I'm really glad I decided on this and NOT Tekken 4

Don't get my wrong I love Tekken but this game has REPLAY value. Which is something that many people are starting to look for these days and I can't say as I'm any different....When I went to Best Buy I had no intentions of dropping 50$ for any game but when I saw this game it started screaming at me ''Buy me buy me'' And I did. Needless to say I was not disappointed. This has been so far the best game I've played. Once you start you are hooked. All I can say is if you buy this game...DON'T MAKE ANY PLANS! And be prepared to call into work sick (or school whichever) You won't put that controler down until the last Mafia boss is dead and the last Russian guard has been pumped full of lead. The first time I sat down with this game it was a 10 straight hour marathon of shooting everything that moves.

Sound 10/10
The sounds on this game are incredible. The sounds of animals in the background of rain falling you name it. The music can be rather annoying at times but it's not the kind that you hear in your sleep (Like certian other games I can think off ::cough::) The people in the level's speak their native tounges depending on what country you are in. And have authentic attire.

Gameplay 10/10
This game never get's old. The controls are simple yet elaborate. The weapon selection can be kind of a pain if you are in the middle of a fire fight and run out of ammo for the gun you are using. But then the point of the game is to avoid fire fights.

Storyline 10/10
A very elaborate storyline this game has. The retired ''47'' residing in a quite church in Sicily until his best friend and mentor Father Padre Vittorio is kidnapped buy a local Don Gueseppe Guiliani. And thus ''47'' goes back into action calling on Agency to help him get Vittorio back. It's full of plot twists and an over laying mystery. You try to solve it before the end ;)

Conclusion:
This is without a doubt the best game thus far on the Ps2 platform. Metal Gear Solid formerly held that title but now that I've played this I doubt I go back to MGS2 anytime soon. This game is so open you find the way you think best to carry out each hit. Use poison, guns, knives, Even a golf club! You have weapons ranging from fibre-wire to a Katana Sword. This game is in depth and fresh. But don't take my word for it. ;)