Review by jedpad

Reviewed: 10/08/02 | Updated: 10/08/02

The Greatest Game Ever?

Yes, that is right I said the greatest game ever. Now I suppose you are saying that's impossible. Well it isn't this game has surpassed MGS2 and the coveted GTA 3 on my list of games.

Graphics: 10
The graphics on this game are phenomenal, the picture is crisp and clear. The texture mapping is unbelievable. Not to mention the cut scenes are way ahead of their time. The in game character animations are almost flawless.

Sound: 10
The sound for Hitman 2 could not have been any better. The gun shots are so realistic you actually think you are firing the guns. Plus the sounds of the bullets hitting and ricoceting of of objects is very realistic. The backround music goes along with the mood of the game perfectly. I love the decision to go with orchestral music, it was definately the right choice, it just seems to fit the character.

Controls: 10
It was almost imposible for me to give the controls a 10, but since I am a seasoned vet with this game the controls are almost natural now. At first the controls are a little akward, but once you get used to them you can see why they are the way that they are. Each button has a specific role in the game and each thing they are used to do is necessary for this game to be that good.

Gameplay: 10
This games missions are so huge that you could easily get lost on them, if you did not have the map. This is perfect for this type of game. The story is very involving and puts you right in the hitman's shoes. You really start to feel what he is feeling, and understand why certain things are happening even if you haven't played the first one. The levels are difficult to an extent but not to the point where they are not fun to do. You actually can't put this game down it is that good and that addicting.

Replay: 100
The replay effect is so high because this is how good it is. You can complete every mission in so many ways that each time you do a mission again it is hardly ever the same. This makes the game so cool because each time you play it is something different.

OVERALL: 10
You just cannot play this game and not like it. Hitman 2 is going to be the best sleeper hit ever. I can't wait until the third comes out.