how do I get mystery goo?

1. I don't know how to get myserty goo. I tried what gamefacts says and it doesn't work. Can I get speific information on how to get it. Sora308802 - 12 years ago - report

Answers

1. I myself prefer to use white mushrooms, the black ones can be a pain to fight and the rare truffles, well, I just CAN'T keep them from falling. If you're using the white ones I recommend going to the tent area of Tarzan's world and searching there. The magic they want you to use are: Fire type, Blizzard type, Thunder type, and Cure type spells. RandomWafflez77 - 12 years ago - report 2   0
  2. Well...you can use the combo Ars Arkanum or trinity limit in a black fungus, that is the easiest way to beat em and always drop Mystery Goo and Mystery Mold, but remember, only this happen if you beat the black fungus in only one attack. White_Mushroom - 11 years ago - report 2   0
  3. Mystery Goo is dropped by a Rare Truffle, a Black Fungus, or a White Mushroom. You need only five total if your aim is Ultima Weapon, BTW. The Item Synthesize FAQ (www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/516587/19539) includes a section on Mystery Goo.

I prefer White Mushrooms. Deep Jungle. Camp. Tent. Save. Exit. Mushrooms? No? Soft-reset, Load; loop from Exit. Yes? Placate*. Tent. Save. Soft-reset, Load; loop from Exit. Methodical, but effective. (And the mushrooms are well spaced when also seeking Thunder Gems.)

*Placating the mushroom with the exact same spell three times, Mystery Goo has a 20% drop rate. Placating the mushroom in any other manner, Mystery Goo has a 10% drop rate. That's for the NA release. According to the Mushroom Hunting FAQ (www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/516587/16824), in the JP release placating a mushroom with the same spell thrice over yields a Mystery Goo every time.
    falconesque (Expert) - 12 years ago - report 2   1
  4. I got it from Black Fungi, they give it as well. spider1224 - 12 years ago - report 1   1
  5. The best way to get it is from rare truffles. but they can be annoying to maintain airborn. i suggest neverland. go from cabin to outside and back to the cabin. its a circular path and you will encounter the rare truffles eventually. now just fly a bit hit them and keep hitting them once at a time. i think its easiest here but sometimes you can hit something else instead of a truffle but that rarely happens. try getting them up at the very front or very back of the outside of the boat because there are less obstacles you might hit. Demonblazef11 - 12 years ago - report 1   1
  6. If you're still confused, you should look up an FAQ on this.

It should be in the Hints and Cheats section.

It'll go into detail on what you have to do.

If you press ctrl + F and put in what you're looking for you'll find it faster.

Hope this helps. :D
    MexicanWalrus - 12 years ago - report 1   1
  7. best way go to the deep jungle and go back in forth in and out of the camp tent and look for the white mushrooms if they dont show up in 10 tries save the game than do the restart trick (R1+R2+L1+L2+Select+Start) than reload and try again when they show up make sure to hit them with the same spell 3 times in a row. this works to get mystery goo almost 95% of the time bramble7714 - 12 years ago - report 1   1
  8. I had some fun with Simba in the Bazaar area. When the Fungi appeared (they don't every time) I knocked the one on the ledge down into the square. Then I summoned Simba which the FAQ says might cause them to drop Mystery Good. They didn't, but as soon as Simba was done I used Trinity Limit. That killed them and they dropped three Mystery Goos. KathrynsDad - 12 years ago - report 0   0
  9. I thought the same thing about Game FAQs at first. If the spells dont seem to work on white mushrooms, one reason could be because you arent casting them quick enough. When they do their sharade for the spells (shiver>fire, cloud above head>thunder,etc.), they only do the sharade for a quick moment, and if you cast them near the end of the sharade, then the spell wont land until they stop the act, in which case they get mad and disappear.That was my problem. I got all of the mystery goos from these mushrooms, just to say that you dont HAVE to get them from truffles or fungi's.

Hope this helps.
    pro_gamer19 - 11 years ago - report 0   0
  10. LoZfan03's board topic, "best way to get mystery goo, once and for all" (Feb 2010).
    www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=516587&topic=53626388

P.S. If you're reading this, vote a thumbs-up for any answers that actually answer this question and help close it.
    falconesque (Expert) - 11 years ago - report 0   0
  11. You get it from keeping a rare truffle in the air. R3PR117 - 12 years ago - report 0   1
  12. To get mystery goo mix three differnt spells for one white mushroom guy like ie (fire, fire , blizard) or (aero, fire, blizard) well i hope that works for you. mz_kytticat - 12 years ago - report 0   1
  13. It's EASIER if you back one screen from the Final Rest area. Do the Reset Trick(R1+L1+R2+L2) to take you back to the main screen. Just keep doing that till you get the rare truffles on the screen. Walk up to one of them and jump( more like short hop) and attack immediately ONE time and wait like a split second and short hop and attack immediately..repeat, repeat. You will get some pretty nice items like Mystery Goos. You will get a total of 3 Mystery Goos if you do it 100 times. Move to the next one. FueledwithRamen - 12 years ago - report 0   1
  14. You get them from the mushrooms, found in Tarzan's world, and Wonderland. They only appear there every so often though. Sayuri_onee_san - 12 years ago - report 0   1
  15. You cast 3 of the same spells on a white mushroom in a row. Though I read that it only works in the Japanese Version. BlueFlamez47 - 12 years ago - report 0   1
  16. well, i guess i can give u a few hints....
    different gestures of the white mushroom indicate to do different spellz...
    shivering - fire
    light bulb ( u know, with the light above his head) - lightning
    waving ( he kneels on the ground for this) - blizzard
    flat on the ground - cure
    floating - gravity

i havent gotten it yet, but i intend to!

(BTW, this are just some of the gestures/spells...areo.... idk areo!)
    SoraIZawedsum2 - 11 years ago - report 0   1
  17. For the Ultima weapon?Well,you find a rare truffle,and keep it in air and hit it with the keyblade at least 5 time.5 times =40% chance of mystery goo.50=mystery goo and 100 times=mystery goo.I belive sometimes white mushrooms have a 50% chance of giving it if you hit it with same spell three times,if they ask for the same spell.Well,I hopes it help,if you need any more help on KH,KH2,just ask and ill answer as quickly as possible! Kahu_17 - 12 years ago - report 1   3