Review by Swift1

Reviewed: 09/05/02 | Updated: 09/05/02

Move over Halo, there's a new big dog

If you think SOCOM: US Navy Seals is another first person shooter that you just run and shoot as fast as you can YOUR WRONG! First of all it's not first person. It's a third person. Second it requires strategy. Not running around like a chicken with it's head cut off that's shooting an assault rifle!! It also includes online play to play with people all across the country. You get to communicate with them by use of a headset that comes with the game. Now onto the review.

Excellent. Some of the best I've ever seen in a shooter. I won't lie to you though they aren't perfect, but they almost are. If you're like me, though, graphics aren't all that a games about. It's everything in it.

Better than most games around. I have loved the gameplay so far. It has some of the funnest missions ever. Another reason I got it was because you fight terrorists. It makes me feel like I'm getting revenge for 9/11.

May not be as good as Medal of Honor: Frontline, but it still deserves a 10. Not much music, but in shooters how often do you listen to the music? Not often. At least I don't. I try and here what's happening. Oh well that's me.

Controls: 8/10
They take a little while to get used to but the controls are very good. I gave them an 8 because they DO take a little while to get used to. It may be different for you but I had a few problems getting used to it. It would depend on the games you've played before for how long it takes you to get used to them.

Replay Value: 10/10
You can't get tired of playing this game. Especially because of the online play. There is no way I've found that you can get tired of playing this game.

Online Play: ??/10
Unfortunately to play this game online you have to have to have broadband, which I don't have. If you try with 56k it will likely have so much lag it won't be worth playing online. For those of you with Broadband you will be able to play online with few, or no problems at all.

Rent Or Buy?
Well if you have 56k I say rent first to see if you like it. No matter how good a game is it's a good idea to rent first. But if you have Broadband I say buy since it has online play.