Review by MrYowler

Reviewed: 02/21/02 | Updated: 02/21/02

Sit back, and prepare for action!

All right. It has taken me a very long time to get into the mood of constructing a review for a game of a genre I enjoy. So, as we all know, this review should essentially cover all of these *required* aspects: Gameplay, Graphics, Audio, Replayability, and To Buy or To Rent. And we're off!

I like this. The Gameplay is not only fluent and easy to adapt to, it's fast-paced and exciting. There was a slowdown factor in the preceding AC, and this has been dramatically decreased with the release of this awesome game. The slowdown factor was about the only negative aspect in the Gameplay area for the last version, but this is no longer a concern. Enjoy yourself as you go head to head in fast-paced combat with enemy AC's. You can even blow random things up for the heck of it. This one has over 100 missions, so don't expect a cake walk. You'll be kept busy for quite a while. All in all, Gameplay deserves a 10/10.

Being a long-time fan of Armored Core and all of its series, I was expecting something big graphic-wise. It most certainly lives up to my assumption. The graphics are very clear, and easy to make out. They look excellent in everything from combatting enemy AC's, fighting against player opponents, evading gunfire on an awesome-looking terrain, heck, you can even see reflections of your own AC. The cinematics aren't something to be left out. You'll have to see them for yourself. Prepare to be amazed. Graphics get my approval with a 10/10.

The audio has been refined, but is still somewhat the same. The voice/sounds in AC2 were clearly expressed and easy to understand, and it's the same way with AC2:AA. The sounds of the boosters and Grenade Launcher's have kept their traditional sounds. The final verdict: Sound gets a 9/10.

Replayability: 9/10
Hoo boy. This isn't the type of game which you beat once and toss it aside to go by the wayside. You'll want to spend several hours trying new AC combinations, creating different strategies & styles, and many other possible things. That is what I enjoy most about this game. I've become an insomniac because of its excellent replayability! Final decision: 9/10.

To Buy, or to Rent? That is the question:
If you're a fan of the Mecha genre, then you will absolutely be astonished by this ultimate piece of work. Most definitely purcahse this game, as it is WELL worth the money. If you're new to the series, and just now getting into it, try it out and rent to see how it suits you.

Final Score: 10/10