Review by DarkSurge

Reviewed: 08/23/01 | Updated: 08/23/01

Best of the series...Arena would have been nice though

Graphics 10
Agetec did a good job of upgrading AA's graphics. The levels, AC's, and MT's are all much more detailed than AC2. Nothing is pixilated, everything is smooth looking, no noticeable jaggies. Explosions are much brighter looking and don't have a ''hollow'' look to them like in AC2. Pieces of MT's will fly off as you hit them with a missile, which is new to the series.

Sound 9
All the weapons sound perfect and explosions are equally impressive. The voices of the different AC's is done very nicely and nothing sounds like it were acted. The music could have been better though. Don't get me wrong though..the music rules, but it could be so much more.

Control 10
I don't care what anybody says, I love using the D-pad for this game. The analog sticks are too loose and make the AC do stuff you don't want it to do when under pressure. Aiming is easy and so is shooting. Sometimes I accidentally hit the R3 button, expecting to activate my missile interceptors but instead I fly across the level with overboost which can be frustrating but it'll only happen a few times.

Gameplay 10
This game is very addicting. I've already spend 10+ hours on this game. I've beaten it but I can't get enough of it. The only complaint I have is that there isn't an arena but it is still one of the best games for the PS2 you can buy. Expect to call in ''sick'' for work a few days if you buy this game :).

Rent/Buy
If you have the money, buy it, you'll be happy you did. If you weren't impressed with the previous games in the AC series, rent it, and you'll be amazed on how much the game has improved.

Overall
If you like customizing a gigantic robotic mech to blow &%^# up....You will like this game. If you like Z.O.E...You will like this game. If you like any of the Gundam series games.....You will really like this game because of all of the improvements over that game. If you liked AC, ACPP, ACMOA, or AC2.....Definitely buy this game.....you will love it. This game should hold you off till MGS2 comes out and way past it...heck....you might even forget about MGS2 altogether if you buy this game.