Can anyone help me ID an old PS1 flight sim, and possible place to buy it?

1. Hiya guys... I was hoping someone here could help me find an old game, or at least the name of it. It was a PS1 flight sim; I might have some of the information confused, but here goes what I know:

-The box art LOOKS like this: (This ISN'T the game!! Also, I think there was an explosion happening behind the jet, which is flying right at you in the pic.)

http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/c/000/77/39/377b_7.JPG

-Aviation was viewed as 1st person-- I don't remember if it was just the plain HUD imaging, or the entire indoor cockpit view. (It could've even been a toggle feature....)
    -I'm positive it involved jets, and not WWII aircraft
    -It used Air, fuel, and ammo, all of which had to be picked up by floating air tanks, fuel drums, and ammo boxes. Sometimes the three would be wrapped together in a translucent black sphere with Black and Yellow warning stripe poles.
    -The 3 theaters of combat in the very beginning were in the arctic, a desert, and a foresty mountain region with a train you had to blow up
    -Shot down enemies would eject, and you could shoot at them while they parachuted and kill them.
    -Before each of the three missions, there was a cutscene with real video, acted out by people. Every time, the camera would advance through the entrance of the tent while the guard pointed his gun at you then lowered it, before panning to the briefing board.
    -In the desert level, you could blow up a giant rocket that was going to take off
    -When you died or ran of of fuel/air, the screen would turn red, keep panning even though your airplane crashed, and a guy would shout "EJECT, EJECT!!". I think the AI randomly did.
    -It was on the playstation one I think, and I remember playing it in 1999-2000.
    - IT DEFINETLY WASN'T AIR COMBAT, or ACE COMBAT. I have Air combat, and that sure as heck wasn't it.

Does anyone know the name of this game? I really wanna find it, I don't think wikipedia had it listed, and not many people remember it. I never bought it; I rented it from a hollywood video down the street, but I regret not memorizing the name/buying a copy, because I really liked the BGM for the desert level. (it may have even been a beach level, because I think there was water in it....) If anyone remembers it, do you know the name, and where I can get it? Thx!!

User Info: Insanity_Pirate

Insanity_Pirate - 11 years ago

1. Was it Agile Warrior F-111X

User Info: add1571

add1571 - 11 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. I'm not sure if this will help much (or if you already tried it), but you can narrow the category search on GameFAQs to Simulation > Flight > Modern Jet. Maybe one of these titles will look familiar to you:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/cat_130.html

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold - 11 years ago 5   5