Confused about Final Fantasy releases?

1. Hi

So, Final Fantasy is my favorite franchise of all time and not played them for years! now my kids have grown etc.. i want to get myself a collection of every single player Final Fantasy title and maybe guide ... to eventually play from I to XV over the years and display in my gaming memorabilia cab

It's been a while! But now Im confused about the whole FF III / FF VI ...FF II / FF IV Japan/North America relases... ive read far too much into it and read many conflicting answers ... I think i have it right and want to make sure i do have it right ...

Can any of you confirm the below is correct so i have every numbered original game to play.

** im not 100% bothered about getting the original release item such as it being on the SNES or DS, GBA or PS1 etc...

Final Fantasy 1 & 2 = FF Origins PS1
    Final Fantasy III - DS
    Final Fantasy IV and V - FF Anthology PS1 (UK (me) have IV / V north America have V / VI)
    Final Fantasy VI - PS1 (this was final fantasy III on SNES?)
    Final Fantasy VII - PS1
    Final Fantasy VIII - PS1
    Final Fantasy IX - PS1
    Final Fantasy X / X-2 Remaster - PS4
    Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age - PS4
    Final Fantasy XIII/2 & LR - PS3
    Final Fantasy XV - PS4

Would the above get me every game? Also can you provide me with good spin offs i have missed?

I know some are better than others / better experienced on the original console etc.. but i dont want to spend too much... just have the physical title to play :)

Thanks

User Info: Cibion

Cibion - 3 years ago

1. That would cover the main games. To check out any variations or spin-offs you could click "Final fantasy" next to Franchise in the upper right corner "Game Detail" or the link is:
    www.gamefaqs.com/games/franchise/81-final-fantasy

It might be cheaper to get the Game Boy Advance versions of the early games, often listed as Final Fantasy 4 Advanced for example. There is a GBA version of 1 & 2, 4, 5, and 6.

I've played the role-playing games in the franchise, and it looks like those are the ones you want. The SNES had two games in English and they were basically the same as the PS1 4 and 6 (when first released in the US they were sold as FFII and FFIII). I only mention the other options because of the difficulty in having reliable memory cards for the PS1 games in particular. Just be prepared with extra memory cards and multiple saves and you will be fine. Also, at one time the PS1 versions were quite pricey so that might be something to consider.

Good luck and Enjoy!

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k - 3 years ago 1   0