Review by The Great Db

Reviewed: 12/11/01 | Updated: 12/11/01

Hmmm........good, bad, in between?

Let's see here...where to begin? Well, for starters, let's just say this game is not as good as THPS2. I don't think it's as good as THPS1. But is it a worthy sequel to those two incredible games? Sure.

Difficulty(or lack there of): This game is easy. Not saying the first too were too terribly sufficient in this category, but this game is waaaaay to easy. Maybe being a veteran of the first two gives me a really unfair advantage, but still...

Gameplay: What? You think this series is one of the greatest of all for nothing? THPS3 brings back the same extremely good controls from the first too. In fact, this game has better control than the first too by a long shot. However, considering that makes the game much easier, whether or not that is a good thing is unknown in my opinion.

Level Design: Hmmmm... I think I like the levels from the first two better. But, these ones aren't bad. The Foundry isn't very fun for a first level. I also don't like the competition levels, and I really don't like Los Angeles. But, Canada and The Airport are some pretty good levels. Also, the secret course, Downhill, is one of my all-time favs.

Soundtrack: 5 seconds left, Tony Hawk has the ball, down by one, he drives, pulls back, puts up the 17-footer and... bricks. I don't like this soundtrack. There are some good songs, and it's better than the first, but no where close to numero 2.

Replayibility: Beating the game over and over again is not fun in this game. However, there is created courses! Pre-made parks, or parks you created yourself can be very fun. Also, there is the never-old two player mode! But in the end, none of that matters. When you play a game like this, it shouldn't be frustrating, or about making goals. You should just have fun. That makes the game never grow old.

Rent of Sell: Played and loved the first two? Got some extra money? Buy this one for sure. However, I would suggest renting this one if you are not familiar with the Tony Hawk series.

My final thoughts are this: It is almost exactly like the second one. But, more tricks, more skaters, different levels inject some new blood into the series. It is not as pioneering as the first too, but if you are just looking for more things to accomplish in a great series, pick this game up!