Review by wolverinefan

Reviewed: 10/10/07

Terrible game

Story
You are Tornkeo a fat guy who finds stuff and then sells it. One day you find a Joy Chest and it brings joy to the whole village. Soon dungeons and monsters appear and it's up to fatty to save everyone. Think thats bad? HA! Try finding out the "bad guy" is the evildoer (or at least something like that) chest and the only way to stop it is by using the banisher chest! It so horrible and there is NO character development. I give story a 0/10

Control
Is that what I'm doing? You move sooooo slow but you can run by holding circle and hitting the direction button and you magically appear at some place ahead of you. But you can't do this when monsters are around. Selling/storing items is freaking hard to do cause it doesn't say which buttons to push! Walking around is hard cause you can get stuck on air and half them time the character doesn't do what you tell it to. I give control a 0/10

Voice Acting, Sound Effects and Music
There isn't any voice acting. The sound effects are very generic, NES had better sound effects. The music is pretty good for about three seconds then it just gets old. I give voice acting, sound effects and music a 0/10

Game play
WHY!? Why did I even play this? You can't control your character half the time cause of the crappy controls. The dungeons are designed badly. There are only eight dungeons (it's a blessing actually) and they each have a certain amount of floors to go through. Now please explain to me how a mansion has 8 floors ALL UNDER GROUND! Besides that half the time when you start a new floor you end up either ON the next set of stairs or in the same room with the stairs. The monsters are lame and a pain in the butt. Some can call friends to come and fight, I actually was surrounded by 40 guys once. Another problem is the lag, how can a game that looks like this game lag so bad when 3 monsters are on the screen with you? Here is the best part, when you leave a dungeon you go back to lvl 1. What fun it is to gain a bunch of levels over and over. You find different plants that make you stronger, more hp and some others. You can also find spells that suck cause you have to open the item window EVERY time you want to cast a spell. The game also has a ton of glitches. I was on the last floor of the last dungeon and the gamer froze! This dungeon was hard too cause I kept getting surrounded by stupid monsters that use a spell that makes you weaker AND makes you lose a level, what fun. The game took me about 2 and a half hours to beat. There isn't even really any bosses. I think I've covered everything that's in the game. I give game play a 0/10

Replay Value
Its short... very short. It also just plain sucks. There isn't any secrets that I know of and why would anyone want any? I give replay value a 0/10

Final Score
I give Torneko: The Last Hope a 1/10

Rating:   0.5 - Unplayable

Product Release: Torneko: The Last Hope (US, 11/15/00)