Review by Wutchaduntame

Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 04/26/01

It may be good towards the end, but the wait isn't worth it...

I borrowed this game from one of my friends, expecting it to live up to all the reviews I've read about it. Well, I was quite dissapointed.

Graphics 5/10 The graphics are very blocky, but the anime cut scenes and "shatter" effect when a battle starts are cool.

Sound 8/10 The music is good, although quite repetitive. The sound effects are cool though. The punches and "Deathblow" sounds are quite good.

Control 9/10 Like any Squaresoft RPG, the controls are sharp and responsive. The only problem is that jumping is quite awkward at first. Fighting in battles is cool though. By punching in a certain order of buttons, you can do a "deathblow", which does major damage.

Fun 4/10 Well, basically what you do is talk for about an hour straight, fight a few guys, talk for another hour or so, fight a while, talk again, etc. It gets very repetitive and boring after a while. Then, when you finally think they're about to do something good, it turns out just to be another hour-long yak-a-thon, with a few fights in between.

I've heard it gets cool towards the end, but in my opinion, waiting through almost the whole first disc isn't worth it.