Review by Dosferra

Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 04/26/01

Xenogears is a must for all devoted RPG players!

Xenogears is a role playing game from Square (makers of Final Fantasy, Crono Trigger and other great games.

My favorite type of game is RPGs so I have played through many great and bad titels like Final Fantasy II , Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy VII, Crono Trigger, Suikoden, Breath of Fire II, Vandal Hearts, Legend of Legaia and the list can go on for some time, but Xenogears is one of the top three RPGs ever if you ask me. The only two RPGs that is better is Final Fantasy VII and Crono Trigger.

The best thing in this game is the story, it is suprising, scary, funny and it is really good. The characters have great personalatise and you really feal with them.

The graphics is very good too, especialy in the fights. Some of the magic spells are really something.

And if your tired of completing other games to fast, you should be pleased with Xenogears. The first time I comleted it, it took me 70 houres. And I allways to the extra thing in RPGs so it took me an additional, 30 houres to really finish the game, thats a total of 100 gameing houres. And even after you completed the game you still want to play more.

The conclution, one of the best games in world, and a ultimate RPG experience.

This game really deserves a 9 out of 10. I don´t give it 10 because of the fact that some times in the game you have to go around and gain levels, and that is not so fun. Exept for that the game is close to perfection.