How do you get Asellus a mystic skill ??
I dont seem to understand how exactly do Asellus gain mystic power... Do i need to buy the Lp weapon? LateNightblade0 - 3 months ago
Before focusing on Asellus specifically, let me cover one constant with mystic weapons. In order to gain new ones, they need to pass certain stat requirements. Those stat requirements are the following (credit goes to Zaraktheus' Data/Mechanics Guide for this info):
MysticSword: Current Max HP = 101+ and Total Current STR--CHA = 101+.
MysticGlove: Current Max HP = 201+ and Total Current STR--CHA = 151+.
MysticBoots: Current Max HP = 301+ and Total Current STR--CHA = 201+.
Note that aside from Asellus in her own scenario, all mystics at least start with Mystic Sword, so Mystic Sword's requirement is only relevant for Asellus.
Now, far as developing mystic weapons, Asellus has an extra step or two, varying slightly based on whether you're playing Asellus' scenario, or recruited her in another scenario, so I'll cover both.
When recruiting and using Asellus in scenarios aside from her own:
While Asellus is a half-mystic, the game treats her as fully human in battle until she uses a mystic weapon, at which point she undergoes Mystical Change, and gets her mystic-related bonuses. Having the game recognize Asellus as a mystic is also required in order for the game to check whether or not she met the requirements for gaining a new mystic weapon after battle, so as a result, she has an extra step compared to full mystics - undergo mystical change first.
In full, the steps required for non-protagonist Asellus are like so:
1. Have Asellus meet the stat requirements for any Mystic weapon(s) you want to gain
2. Have Asellus use one of her mystic weapons in a battle, so she undergoes Mystical Change.
3. Win the battle with Asellus still alive. After the battle, Asellus should gain any mystic weapons she had the stat requirements for.
In Asellus' own scenario:
Asellus starts with no mystic weapons at all in her own scenario, so as a result, she's completely locked out of gaining them until a story-related event gives Asellus her first mystic weapon: the Mystic Sword. This story event is the Sage battles, as those put Asellus in the same Mystical Change state even when she hasn't used a mystic weapon. As a result, this is how the steps for gaining all the mystic weapons for Asellus in her own scenario looks like:
1. Play the game until you reach the first sage battle. Assuming Asellus meets the requirements for Mystic Sword (which you likely will, unless you went out of your way to avoid battles or keep Asellus weak), you'll then get Mystic Sword. If you didn't, then it'll check again at the next sage battle.
2. Have Asellus meet the stat requirements for any other Mystic weapon(s) you want to gain.
3-A. Have Asellus use one of her mystic weapons in a battle, so she undergoes Mystical Change.
or 3-B. Have Asellus fight another sage (since this will make you undergo Mystical Change without using a mystic weapon)
4. Win the battle with Asellus still alive. After the battle, Asellus should gain any mystic weapons she had the stat requirements for. Ajogamer (Expert) - 3 months ago
Also, make sure to keep one skill slot open. If you miss your chance because your skill list is full, beating any of Asellus's storyline bosses should do the trick. Just make sure to keep the slot open when fighting those bosses. Ariax - 3 months ago
Top Voted Answer
Eventually you will unlock the mystic weapons, I don’t know the triggers really but for me it was very close to the end of the game.
I think it’s just as she levels up and gets more HP and such. Because I had her using all martial arts and then finally she started unlocking the weapons moebirdy7 - 3 months ago
How do I gain "deflect" for Asellus ? geeelectronica - 2 months ago