What determines the level of a recruited character?

1. If I have a leader and I recruit a character from a town, what determines the newcomer's level? Is it the leader's level (with or without an adjustment)? The stage order? Some combination?

I haven't sussed out the exact formula, if there is one. I just noticed when I took a unit with level 2 characters (including the leader), and recruited, the resulting Fighter was level 1. This happened in the third stage, so I'm guessing it's the stage order (i.e., earlier stages = lower levels for the recruit, and the leader's level is irrelevant), but knowing exactly how it works will help me out a bit.

Thanks in advance!

User Info: PyroFalkon

PyroFalkon - 1 year ago

1. Normally the recruited character would be 2 levels below the level of the recruiter (leader), but the game doesn't have a level zero character. So a level 2 or level 3 leader will recruit a level one character.

The stages will have certain neutral characters that may be able to be recruited at certain levels. Those levels are set for neutral encounters and your levels may affect the success of recruiting them, but your levels do not determine the level of the neutral encounters.

Be careful with recruiting because the number of characters will max out at 100 and keep you from recruiting some of the special characters. There is also a maximum number (25) of units that can keep you from getting the special characters.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   0
  2. Cheers, Chaoyun. I've played OB for years and appreciate the extra information, haha! I just never knew the level thing.

User Info: PyroFalkon

PyroFalkon - 1 year ago