Review by Raider
Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 07/05/02
Great Game Play, Wonerfull graphics and controll ending was terrible
As most people I waited impatiently for this game to come out. I had read reviews and seen screen shots and everything for so long that I thought it would never happen. In fact I thought that it was just going to be a figment of my imagination, then it finnally happened and I was rewarded with an awesome game... at least I thought. I really enjoy games where I have to think a little bit. I like a challenge so this game was wonderfull at first. People who have played it talked about all the hours of game play that they got from it, and it looked like I would get the same but then things started getting really repetative. I found that you don't need half the stuff that you can find but I still looked for it so that the game would last. The absoulute worst part of the game was the ending. I spent several hours of my life and about 5 hours on a Sunday afternoon, takeing time out only to watch the xfiles season premier, playing this game. As I entered the final battle with Kain I thought that it would be something great. After three hits he... well I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone lets just say be prepared to be ticked off. That said lets get down to the review
1. Graphics. Excellent. I really enjoyed the environments how interactive things were adn the fact that there were seemingly no load times. You could tell things had to load but for the most part the game play was seemless
2. Voice and music. The music was ok it could have been a bit more gothic and less new age but for the most part I liked it. The voice acting was some of the best I have heard from a game and I play alot of games
3. Difficulty. started out thinking it was going to be extremely hard. Ended up being about medium on the difficulty level and that was just until I got used to looking at things in both the spectral and material plain even when I was in the opposite. "does that make sense"
4. Bosses. While they were well designed many of them were just too easy to beat.
5. Controll. I loved the controll in the game to me it rivals the control found in TMB 2 and 3 and I love both of those, I can't say much about tmb 1 because I played that on my PC
In all I would say the 7 is on account of the ease of several of the bosses and the extremely dissapointing en "To Be Continued"
Rating: 3.5 - Good
Got Your Own Opinion?
Submit a review and let your voice be heard.