Review by tilded

Reviewed: 12/30/00 | Updated: 03/17/03

Trap People...Ya gotta love it!!

Deception II is a game based on...killing people. Yep, that's right, I wonder if parents threw fits over this game. Ok, to the point- You play Millenia, a young woman who is supposed to guard the King's castle. Tons of people come in and try to kill you, so you set traps to try to stop them, after you kill all the people in the mission, it gives you Ark for Style and Combo's. You use Ark to get new traps. You must get certain traps to get other traps too, you just can't go buying stuff, you gotta plan sorta.

There really isn't a story, but its an Action game, so you probably don't care about the story. The story-kinda thing is the castle is weird and stuff, some people go in and put a bomb in this part of it, so you gotta keep people from messing with the bomb by killing them.

The graphics are really good, the animations of the traps are really good to, I love holding someone with a bear claw, shoot them with arrows, then have a rock roll on them.

Music: 9/10
The music is good...ok, I'll be honest, I was too busy smearing people on the ceiling to remember any sound, but it must be good otherwise I would have remember it for being so horrible.

The way the woman named Millenia (who you are) runs is ghetto, but the rest of the game is sweet. The castle is confusing till you get used to it, then its fun to lure people under a huge rock. Sometimes when your trying to kill a huge, strong person, you will get beat down with one hit, as soon as you get back up, he'll beat ya again. This gets very annoying. To avoid this you should hold ''Up'' on the D-Pad, or else you'll probably get the crap knocked outta ya. Something else that is annoying is how slow your enemies run, some are too fast, some are too slow. Also, stay away from this fat guy who is wearing some green shirt, he will push you a bunch, and an old guy says he's your friend then he head-butts you, so smash him quickly. So basically, don't trust anyone.

The basic thing is, it's only $20, so you should get it if you like killing people, lol, ok, you should get it if you like action games with a weird ass plot, and a weird chick.

Would you recommend this