How can i get a gold chocobo?
First of all, you should try to do the Chocobo Breeding when you have the Highwind under your control.
Here's what you'll be needing.
- 3 Carob Nuts (On the grasslands near Bone Village is a raptor looking like enemy, it usually drops these)
- 1 Zeio Nut (Find Goblin Island, and the Goblins there will occasionally drop them, and/or you could try to steal them IIRC)
You need to purchase stables at the Chocobo Farm, I recommend you buy all of them, just cause. But you really don't need to. Now you need to find the Chocobo tracks near these areas, and catch a Good and Great Chocobo.
Gold Saucer and Mideel
Once you have a Good and Great Chocobo, you need a combined total of 4 Wins in the Chocobo Racing. Then breed the two Chocobos and you'll either get a Blue or Green chocobo. Fight 3-18 battles, then breed them again and hopefully you'll get the other color you needed.
You need a combined total of 9 wins to breed the Blue and Green for a Black Chocobo.
Now you need to fly to Icicle Inn and catch a Wonderful Chocobo.
You need a combined total of 12 wins to breed the Black and Wonderful Chocobo to make a Gold. You must select the Black first, else you will not get a Gold.
So for simplicity sake, here's what you do.
- Catch Good & Great Chocobo (Gold Saucer/Mideel)
-- Race to a combined total of 4 wins
--- Breed with Carob Nut
- Get either a Blue or Green Chocobo
-- Fight 3-18 battles then breed the Good & Great again to get the other color you need
-- Race to a combined total of 9 wins (Blue and Green)
--- Breed with Carob Nut
- Get a Black Chocobo
- Catch a Wonderful Chocobo (Icicle Inn)
-- Race to a combined total of 12 wins (Black and Wonderful)
--- Breed with Zeio Nut (choosing Black first, then Wonderful)
viola! Gold Chocobo WingedMasamune (Expert) - 10 years ago
You can also get one by defeating Ruby Weapon and trading in the item, but if you can beat Ruby you really have little use for Gold Chocobos anyhow Eevee-Trainer - 6 days ago
I have done this over and over and it sure took a long time to do.
I made a list of where you can find the status of chocobo's you can capture below.
I was able to find the following Chocobo's here:
Chocobo Ranch area: Poor/Weak
Junon area: Fair/Poor
Gold Saucer area: Good/Average
Rocket Town area: Mediocre
Wutai area: Average/Fair
Icicle Inn area: Wonderful/Weak
Mideel area: Great/Fair
To get to the gold chocobo you must do the following:
1) After feeding 90 Sylkis greens to both your yellow Great Female and your Good Male, and racing them both up to S Class, save your game. Now go into the stables and tell the boy that you want to breed them. When he asks which type of nut to use, select a Carob Nut. This will result in a Green or Blue chocobo (probably Green). If it doesn't, load your game, but it SHOULD work. Make note of this baby's gender. Feed it 90 Sylkis Greens and race it up to S Class as well.
2) After racing your new chocobo up to S Class, its parents should beable to mate again (if not, try getting into the first materia cave or going through the Ancient Forest near Cosmo Canyon if you got a Green chocobo [To take your new chocobo to another continent, go to the stables tell the boy that you want to ride him. Once on the world map go into the airship as normal; when you get off, you'll be on the chocobo. When you're finished, just ride it back into the stables. Save your game and mate the original parents, again using a Carob Nut. This time you should get the opposite color and opposite gender chocobo (if you originally got a Green Female you should now get a Blue Male, etc.). If you don't, load your game and try again, but you shouldn't have to. Feed this baby 90 Sylkis Greens and race it up to S Class.
3) When your Green and Blue chocobos are at S Class and are able to mate, couple them and use yet another Carob Nut. Make sure to save your game first, and load it if you don't get a Black Female. If you do, feed it 90 Sylkis Greens and race it up to S Class (sound familiar?). Also do this with the Wonderful Male chocobo that you caught. It is impossible to get a gold chocobo without racing your Wonderful Male up to S Class!
4) Mate your black chocobo with the Wonderful Male using the Zeio nut to get a Gold chocobo. Once again, save beforehand and load it if you fail, but you should be okay. Congratulaions! You're now the proud owner of a Gold chocobo!
But an ez way to get a gold chocobo is to:
Beat Ruby Weapon and Take Desert Rose to the old man in Kalm. (But do it if u dare. Warning this will be very hard to do but only if you don't know how to do it) fireofdeath - 10 years ago
you'll end up with a pretty fast gold chocobo too. I went out of my way to try and get the fastest chocobos I could, and would mate them untill not only were the offspring the kind i want , but faster then the parents as well. when I got the gold chocobo from that guy in kalm, it was slow. so I mated it with a wonderful chocobo using a zeio nut, after racing them both to s class. the offspring of those two was a gold chocobo. after getting it up to s class, I mated it with the gold chocobo I first got from mating a black chocobo with a wonderful chocobo. the gold chocobo those two gold chocobo's made was fast, 176 km/h. I named him "volt".
I havent been able to breed a faster chocobo sinse. rizo23 (Expert) - 10 years ago
What don't you understand, specifically? You might be getting ahead of yourself. Where are you in the game? You can't do the Chocobo Breeding on DISC 1, for starters. All chocobos you get around the world would be exactly the same, just regular, yellow, riding chocobos.
But as I don't know your situation or what you're doing right or wrong - tell us what's going on and we'll do our best to help. the_quickness - 10 years ago