Review by Chibi

Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 11/01/99

I'll tell you what, this game gets Chibi's seal of approval!

Driver. GT's "3d GTA." Does it live up to the almighty GTA. Yes, yes it does! In Driver, you play as Tanner, an undercover cop sent in to be the driver of several criminals, so you can get deeper into the under world and exploit it. All though the stroy sounds preatty lame, it gets deeper with the movies in the game. The stroy eventually brings you from Miami to San Fran, L.A., and New York, where you expose the criminal underground. It is preatty boring at the start, but later on, you willl get enveloped into the underworld.
STORY: 8

Gameplay wise, this is the best driving game I have ever played. The missions range in difficulty from sleepily easy to mind blowingly hard. Most are average, but when you spend four days on a mission, you'll understand what I mean. Missions are fun, but the wide arrange of other modes will also please all you looking for depth. Different modes of play include survival, dirt track, training, and taking a drive, among others. You will hard pressed not to have fun in this game.
GAMEPLAY: 10

Graphics in this game really good, when your up close. From a distance, things tend to get a bit grainy. Real landmraks from the four cities that look really lifelike make it just that much more playable. The sound is great, the music really captures the time era which I believe is the 70's. It is really neccessary to play with it on.
GRAPHICS/SOUND:9

Control is not that lifelike, it's rather arcady, which may turn some off, but once you get used to it, it's like second nature. Be warned though, some of the moves you are forced to pull off at the begining take a while to learn.
CONTROL: 7

Overall, you will love this game if you love fun. Now, let's let GTA2 up the odds and see a sequel!