Review by Capponcelli

Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 11/01/99

I'd rather jump off a building then play this sad excuse for a game.

When I first heard about "Driver" I thought it would be a fun game, but when I rented it I was very disappounted. It was to hard to start the story mode, and the story was cheesy. I thought you were supposed to be able to go down alleys and crash through stuff.

GAMEPLAY (3): From the start it wasn't any fun. The cops are mad men who go nuts when you went a little fast. I don't even know what the story mode was like because I couldn't get past the garage area, so I'd say the game is extremeley hard. The control was good, but it was to hard to pull off the "manuevers".

STORY (1): The story is really stupid. You are an undercover cop trying to infiltrate a big gang. Sounds cool but, I thought undercover cops kept there badges. But, maybe I'm wrong. But, the story is corny.

Audio/Video (3): I wasn't thrilled with the sound effects they were realistic, but they just didn't really sound right. I don't really remeber much music either. The graphics are okay, but things get weird if you are hit up to roof level, and at night if you go over a slope your lights aren't placed right.

Replayability (0): To me not even worth playing through once.

To buy or rent?: I say stay away from doing either, but it's really up to you

Rating:   0.5 - Unplayable