Review by Truck_1_0_1_

Reviewed: 02/17/09

Come on Even Kenny's Family's Got a Quarter!

Before the big arcade in downtown Toronto closed down, I spent the majority of my quarters on this fun and challenging pinball machine. Always a fan of the South Park series, this machine further piqued my interest in the series. Being made in 1999, this game only has the first two seasons' sound bites and situations, though that is not necessarily a bad thing. Game play will give you a bit of insight on this game.

Game play: 9/10

Man, this game is hard! In comparison to most pinball machines that I have played, South Park takes the cake for being probably the most difficult. The drains are very well placed, and the balls move very quickly. There are two ramps. One is fairly easy to hit into (Stan), while the other is nearly impossible the first few times you play the game (Kyle). There are plenty of bonuses, and surprises abound your game playing experience. Graphics will be covered next.

The graphics are quite good for a pinball game, however they are by no means amazing. Depending on certain challenges that occur (such as racing), these events will take place on the little screen, and the screen also does the usual updates in game, of score and status etcetera. Sounds will bring the score up a little bit.

Sounds: 9/10

Great fun here, between the character's voices, and the humorous music, the sound is far from dull. South Park-ish little ditties play in the background, while you hear Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Chef and more say certain things pertaining to the game, and lines from the show (even Kenny!). The highlights sounds-wise though, are the pre quarter sounds (see tag-line), and Chef's lines. The table is also one good looking piece of machinery.

Table: 10/10

This is one of the best looking tables I have ever seen! Everything is bright and bubbly, there are a lot of obstacles to hit and/or surpass, and everything lights up properly. The highlight of the table, is far and away the big Kenny doll. He is a surprise to say the least.

South Park pinball is my most favourite pinball machine to play, and I have said many times that if I could find it for a decent price, I would purchase a table immediately (sadly though, I have never found for sale). With the arcade closing down, I also now have no place to play this wonderful game, and that is quite saddening. No worry though, because I know another will come along! "How'd you like to suck my (bleep)!!!!"

Product Release: South Park (US, 02/28/99)