In the Drowned Pass, how do I get the chest shown over a building on my map?

1. My map shows a chest on the top of the building where a piece of the sword was, but there's nothing there. Is it a glitch or am I missing something?

User Info: thedragonlady

thedragonlady - 8 years ago
  2. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.....

User Info: thedragonlady

thedragonlady - 8 years ago
  3. You're speaking, I believe, about the Crossroads where you must break every fire hydrant. I'm speaking about the Drowned Pass where there are two half sunken buildings and absolutely no breakables. A piece of the armageddon sword was on the top left of the northern building, and in almost, but not exactly the same spot (if you have Fury's Embrace equiped), the map shows an un-opened chest. The only possible thing I could think of was to kill everything, but when I do, nothing happens and there is nothing to break in this area so I'm at a loss as how to get to this chest, if it even exists. That's why I thought it might be a glitch in the game.

User Info: thedragonlady

thedragonlady - 8 years ago
  4. Thanks, I thought as much

User Info: thedragonlady

thedragonlady - 8 years ago
  5. I'm playing again with a friend in a few weeks so I'll check out your information. Thanks.

User Info: thedragonlady

thedragonlady - 8 years ago

Answers

1. According to what I've been able to find out, this chest is only accessible while completing the challenges to "unlock" the door guardian. You cannot obtain it before starting this process, nor can you obtain it after completing it.

Fortunately, again from what I've been able to find out, it's just souls. You're not missing out on a fragment of anything.

The Crossroads chest and the Choking Grounds chests are merely "hidden", and are completely separate to the Drowned Pass chest. To obtain these other two, destroy all the fire hydrants and tombstones in the scene respectively.

User Info: Avvilimento

Avvilimento - 8 years ago 1   0
  2. Further clarification on my earlier answer.... I found a chest in what appears to be an appropriate location before starting the mission to "unlock" the guardian while on Apocolyptic difficulty. Unfortunately, it may be some time before I'm able to confirm one way or the other whether this is actually the chest in question. For reference, the chest I found was at sea level inside the building, directly underneath where the fragment is later found - and it did, indeed, just contain souls.

(The chest was not visible after accepting the mission, but that may be related to my having immediately opened it when I first came across it)

User Info: Avvilimento

Avvilimento - 8 years ago 1   0
  3. The chest shown in your minimap it's a shadow chest. this chest can only be open when you have the shadow vision THE GOLEM GIVED TO YOU after you have used your Horn. If you didn't opened it no worry. This chest contain only 250 souls so no big deal. Go Hunt some Demon instead :)

User Info: H4wTs

H4wTs - 7 years ago 1   0
  4. It is a glitch. I got one in the crossroad. It is nearby the place of the armageddon blade.

User Info: Gantengin

Gantengin - 8 years ago 0   0
  5. Beat every enemy from the area and smash all those little fire extinguser and it will appear between the pillars of that building shown on the map.

User Info: DarkRageSSJ5

DarkRageSSJ5 - 8 years ago 0   1