How do I get past the sealed door at the Cathedral level?

1. I have a big problem. I got Darksiders yesterday and I LOVE it, until the part at the Cathedral. After I put all three crystal swords on the statue and I go up the sealed door DOES NOT OPEN! Plz someone help.

User Info: UnReaL_95

UnReaL_95 - 10 years ago
  2. Got the same problem:(

User Info: cr1sty

cr1sty - 10 years ago
  3. @ Ethnix, I haven't tried reloading a different saved game. instead I started a new game. Have done that three times it still is not opening. Will try your solution however. Thnx in advance.

User Info: UnReaL_95

UnReaL_95 - 10 years ago
  4. @ Ethnic I restarted the game saved right before I put the final sword I went up(the door of course didn't open) so I reloaded the save put the sword again still nothing. I also googled for a solution but still nothing. I have also posted the same question on youtube walkthorughs with the same response:<<same here plz help>>. I t may have sth to do with the order in which you obtain the swords. I have always been going west, north and last(obviously) east. Maybe you have to go North, West East. I am trying that now.

@ cr1sty try this it might actually work. I will post a mesage if it doesn't.

User Info: UnReaL_95

UnReaL_95 - 10 years ago
  5. @ Ethnix I restarted the game saved right before I put the final sword I went up(the door of course didn't open) so I reloaded the save put the sword again still nothing. I also googled for a solution but still nothing. I have also posted the same question on youtube walkthorughs with the same response:<<same here plz help>>. I t may have sth to do with the order in which you obtain the swords. I have always been going west, north and last(obviously) east. Maybe you have to go North, West East. I am trying that now.

User Info: UnReaL_95

UnReaL_95 - 10 years ago
  6. I forgot to put the third sword in the angel statue. I returned down, put it and it worked.

User Info: rafael71

rafael71 - 8 months ago

1. Seems to be a common problem with the game, I read a few posts commenting on the exact same thing.
    Try reloading a previous savegame, check the official forums or just google for a solution, because none one-true-way of fixing it has been found until now afaik :o

User Info: Ethnix

Ethnix - 10 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. I played 3 times and it opened every time. Take the west door first.
    Ignore the device to the right of the door. Go to the center of the bridge,
    and with a running double jump, fly north to an artifact. Go across the
    dormant gears to the south side and jump up. Grab a fireball and go
    back down on the gears close enough to target the northern red barrier.
    There's a lit lamp next to it. Return to the south side and
    climb up from the east wall. You can now activate the device by the door.
    The bridge begins to turn. Take it to the first stop. Use the bombs on the
    ground to make a line of bombs from the ones on the wall to the barrier.
    Follow the path to the end and activate the device. Grab a fireball and cross
    the bridge to the north side. Throw the bomb at the red barrier there and use
    a lit lamp by it. Follow the path to another device. Return to the bridge and
    target the swords on the left and right of the waterfall. Grab the sword and
    return to the last room. Place the sword on one of the statues then head
    for the north room. Target the fireballs on the pedestals attached to
    the cable. Ride the cable down and activate the device at the bottom.
    On your map hop to the bottom right pedestal and target the sword
    on the wall. Jump down to the bottom left and hit the sword there.
    Jump up to the center left and face west. Target another sword.
    Fireballs appear. Target the two visible red barriers. Return to the
    bottom right pedestal and hit that sword again. Jump to the top
    right one and face east. Jump through the opening and collect
    the contents of the chest and activate the sword there. Jump
    across to the top left pedestal and through the opening just
    north of you. Climb the north wall and jump to the cable. Take the
    cable to the next room north, drop down for the second sword. Target the
    two swords behind you to open a return path. Make your way to the
    bottom left pedestal, jump to the ledge and exit. Place the second sword.
    The east door is now open so go inside. Collect the key for the blue door,
    exit, and head for the south door. Enter, turn left, double jump and fly
    down to the ground. Head back to the southern ledge and the blue door.
    Unlock and enter. Jump to a pillar on your right and go west. Activate the
    device on your right. Go through the door to the west. After the Jailer,
    take the elevator at the western end. Light all the lamps to get a chest
    by the elevator. Once the lamps are all lit, blow up the red barriers.
    Hop across the lava to the room near the second barrier, climb the wall
    and follow the path around to a device to activate. The lava is now gone
    and you can enter the next room east. Activate another device to raise the
    one that was missing upstairs. Return to, and take the elevator in the
    west, back up to where you fought the Jailer and go through the east door.
    The device that was missing is now on your right. Activate it. Jump across
    to the other side. There are two doors here. Take the door on the south wall
    to return to Vulgrim for supplies and/or to collect all the missed items.
    The door straight ahead, on the east wall, has the third sword.
    When ready, target the two swords beside the east door and enter.
    Jump down. Afterwards, the room elevates and you can exit. Head west,
    to the other side. Climb the N/E wall back to the north area. Go through
    the north door and head west, then go north and then east to get to the
    north door. Enter. Place the final sword on the three statues. You are
    elevated up to Tiamat's door and it hopefully unseals.

User Info: thedragonlady

thedragonlady - 10 years ago 0   0
  2. I have to disagree with Dragonlady on this one. I don't think it has anything to do with the order in which you get the swords. I've been through the Cathedral twice, and I went for swords in the same order both times and I didn't have this problem. What this sounds like to me is just a progress stopping glitch. Where some barrier that's supposed to be dispersed after you accomplish what you need to, doesn't. It happened to me in the Apocalypse with all those minions in that building. It also happened to me once in God of War when I got the Army of the Dead spell from Hades. However, I just reloaded my save game and it was fine after that. Never experienced it afterwards. Its odd that you're still experiencing this glitch. Heck, I've yet to even experience aforementioned glitches a SECOND time, let alone continuously.

User Info: MedusaTelos

MedusaTelos - 10 years ago 0   0
  3. Hey, bat queen not dragon lady

User Info: jezra9

jezra9 - 9 years ago 0   0
  4. I deleted the batdoor file and eliminated the door completly. It worked where nothing else did. If this works for you please post on other forums so people wont have to deal with this hair pulling problem.

User Info: laziris

laziris - 8 years ago 0   0
  5. Hey if u know the name and location of the file u deleted so plz tell me,i m stuck in this game after playing darksiders 2

User Info: sharonmudz

sharonmudz - 8 years ago 0   0
  6. @laziris that's an interesting solution, though not something I'd recommend to others.

@unreal_95 (original poster) It is a game-ending glitch that is caused by not holding the action button long when placing/taking the swords in the statues. (you probably noticed your sword goes missing too). To probably proceed through the doors, make sure you hold the action button throughout the entire cutscene for the sword placing/taking. This is how I moved forward after encountering this glitch (several times)(also you will have to return to a save before you attempt the placing/taking)

User Info: Firepulser

Firepulser - 5 years ago 0   0