The game won't load, what should I do?

1. My game(Fallout New Vegas) suddenly doesn't want to load my save game,and it's a really good save, I don't wanna START OVER AGAIN :'(
    PLEASE HELP ME I don't know what happened, and yes, I re-installed and when I put the save It crashes, and says:

User Info: IamVegas

IamVegas - 9 years ago
  2. I am having the same problem and would really appreciate an answer. When you try to load your saves, does it say FalloutNV has stopped working?

User Info: saruman354

saruman354 - 9 years ago
  3. Exactly what message do you get when you try to load?

User Info: lordofzwergs

lordofzwergs - 9 years ago
  4. I have the same problem

User Info: Roarexe

Roarexe - 9 years ago
  5. Oops sry never mind didnt read question that throughly

User Info: willkwi

willkwi - 9 years ago

1. Are you having a problem where the game starts but the save wont load - it just sits on the loading screen with the roulette wheel spinning forever?

Try starting a new game and then save it just after you do all the doctors tests. Next time you want to load a save, load the 'just started save' first, then once youre in the game it should load all other saves as normal.

Its a wierd way to do it, but this method works for me.

User Info: NaggerGuy

NaggerGuy - 8 years ago 10   0

Answers

1. If you're playing the steam version, right click on the game, go to properties, then the "local files" tab. Click on "verify integrity of game cache" to make sure you have everything you need. I love steam, but occasionally it won't download properly. This option will rescan all your game files and automatically download anything you're missing. I've used it to fix the same problem with other games, but not this one, so I have no idea if this is the cause of this particular problem.

User Info: RexCarnifex

RexCarnifex - 9 years ago 5   2
  2. I'm not really sure, but your best bet would to be to uninstall/reinstall the game. Unless you downloaded it -_-.

User Info: willkwi

willkwi - 9 years ago 2   1
  3. The method the person posted above worked for me

User Info: c2thorn

c2thorn - 7 years ago 3   2
  4. I solved this problem by making sure I quit to the main menu first, instead of exiting the game, completely.

User Info: Chopper242

Chopper242 - 1 year ago 1   5