How far can placement matches put you in ranked?

1. I just hit 30 on my account, and eventually wanna play ranked. I wanna know how far placement matches can put you, like instead of starting Bronze V is there a way to start way ahead and be Bronze II or I, or in Silver?

User Info: darkster8

darkster8 - 7 years ago

Answers

1. I think you can go as high (low ;)) as Gold 1, provided you win all 10 games and had a good enough rating from the previous season.

User Info: PhoenixNine

PhoenixNine - 7 years ago 2   0
  2. Well you start with the average of the current elo s2 + highest elo s2, then you get 10 placement matches. If you were 2000 elo, you would've easily been diamond. If you were 800 elo, you'll probably make silver if you win almost all of the placement ones. In your case, since you haven't played ranked before, Gold is the highest you can achieve from your placement :)

User Info: Thornwhip

Thornwhip - 7 years ago 2   0
  3. Perhaps if you win 9 or ten games. It really depends. Also, this question is hard to answer, because anyone who played last season has their rating from last season as a factor as well. It also depends which games you lose. The more you win, the stronger the opponents you will be facing in your matches. The matches against stronger opponents are more important in determining your rating.

User Info: Iwannabeahacker

Iwannabeahacker - 7 years ago 1   1
  4. Not certain tbh. I believe it can range from Bronze to Silver but not higher. Atleast I never managed to get higher then Silver 3 after placement matches.

User Info: MegaRoll

MegaRoll - 7 years ago 0   1