GTA IV FATAL ERROR:Invalid resource detected - Please re-install the game. Whuaat?

1. What the heck does that mean? How do I fix this? I've patched the game to version 1.0.6.0 and then I got this error! Help!
    BTW, here's my computer specs:
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G620 @ 2.60GHz
    VGA Card : 2504 MB Nvidia Geforce GT 220
    RAM : 8GB

User Info: urtin3

urtin3 - 7 years ago

Answers

1. restart pc and re-run the game. mine worked after doing this. but still, if nothing happens.
    go to documents/rockstar games/savegames and there'll be some files(i'm not sure about yours). Then,copy paste all of the contents in a new folder(maybe in the desktop) and re-install the game.then again go to the savegames folder and place your copied savegame content from that folder into this one. and replace your current savegame file with the older one.

User Info: ashwolf14

ashwolf14 - 4 years ago 3   11