1. So does anyone know how to fix the issue with installing Call of Duty: MW2?

User Info: solarfunk

solarfunk - 9 years ago
  2. Clarification Request:
    Really need to be more specific :|

If you'd rather have help from support team, go to support.steampowered.com and make a support ticket. They are slow however.

User Info: vacguardian

vacguardian - 9 years ago
  3. Clarification Request:
    I think i had the same problem.
    If you put the first disc in, then the second, and then it just sits there counting up for days, then you did.
    Something wrong with teh discs, and a bunch of other people had it. The only way to get around it, (for sure) is to just download it from steam. I didnt have to buy it again or anything, it just started downloading after deciding that 389 days left to install was too much.

User Info: heartveiw

heartveiw - 8 years ago

1. My friend had this same issue. From what I read on the boards here, you can either uninstall steam, reinstall it, and then try to install Modern Warfare 2, or you can just keep being stubborn and continue trying to install through Steam like my friend did. (He ended up getting it to work, I don't want to assume anything, but I think this is just a temporary glitch on Steam's side.) All I can say is keep trying until it works.

Anyway, the install takes awhile, at least for me it did.

User Info: AkumaXoXTenshi

AkumaXoXTenshi - 9 years ago 1 0

Answers

1. Could you may explain it a bit?

User Info: Infaaron

Infaaron - 9 years ago 0 0
  2. After the install, restart steam once, verify the integrity of the files (I had two missing files) and then boot it up. Should be fine by then.

User Info: KaRath_

KaRath_ (Expert) - 9 years ago 0 0
  3. If a directX error appears, try updating your DirectX manually.

User Info: lesarch

lesarch - 9 years ago 0 0
  4. yeah i have problems too.. Yet im still installing it now and at the same time downloading it in steam... i dunno if it will work

User Info: turboking23

turboking23 - 8 years ago 0 0