Why does Majesty 2 freeze on me in game?

1. I've had a problem with Majesty 2 in that it randomly freezes on me in the middle of the game. I also had this problem with the demo version, but when I played in windowed mode, it disappeared for me.

Now, it's back.

User Info: michaelkid13

michaelkid13 - 9 years ago

1. Do these in any order but I suggest the order I gave. First update your video AND audio drivers. Second defrag your hard drive(s) that contains your OS and your game. Third open your case, or get someone you trust with the task, and clear out any dust that may be clinging to your cpu fan and your graphics card. Actually it's a good idea to clean all fans while you are at it. Good to do even if first two options work. Fourth either get new fans for cpu or clear out air pathways so cpu has more airflow. Or get a room fan and place it next to your case with a case door off.

This does sound like an overheating issue but the first solutions are the cheapest.

User Info: Ghost777

Ghost777 - 9 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. Did you update your video drivers? I had the same problem and i was getting bad lag when moving with the mouse until i updated earlier today. Fixed all mine.

User Info: Dark_Eternum

Dark_Eternum - 9 years ago 0   0
  2. I had the same problem on my old pc and it occured when it run out of virtual memory. My advice? buy a new one, or try to improve your current. More ram is cheap and comes first to mind. Cleaning out the fans may also solve the problem, cpu overheating may lock up your computer. (overclocking is also a bad ideea and may cause overheating and similar problems, restore the changes if so.)
    Btw Ghost777, a room fan? why not make your wife and kids blow on it? seriously now, buy a fan from any shop, you can find them as cheap as 4-5$ and anyone can mount them on the case. Still I doubt it will help, v. memory is my guess

User Info: jhonel83

jhonel83 - 9 years ago 0   0
  3. Many people have been having this problem, including myself. You can report the bug on the paradox website. As of now there is no fix. I have the latest Nvidia driver but that has not helped. The only thing that did help me was to turn down the graphics to medium even though I have a high end gaming rig. The game still crashes occasionally so I save constantly. That is the only way I made it through Pretenders to the Throne ( I think that's the name) which was the worst at crashing. Good luck!!

User Info: hexgod1

hexgod1 - 9 years ago 0   0