How to install Indianapolis Expansion to CD version of the simulator?
Due to the licensing reasons, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Expansion Pack was not completely included with the CD version of the simulator, missing the track itself. Are there anything one needs to know before installing the expansion pack from the floppy disk on top of the installed CD version of the simulator? Titus03 - 1 month ago
Everything else, except the track, is included with the CD version of the simulator, which is already updated to version 1.05. Before installing the expansion pack, one needs to do one additional step, because the main EXE-file included on the floppy disk will overwrite the one that comes along the CD, putting the copy protection back to the simulator. So, installing the expansion pack should be done as follows:
1. Go to the root directory of the installed simulator .\INDYCAR\ and rename INDYCAR.EXE.
2. Run INSTALL.EXE from the expansion pack's floppy disk and only check "Indianapolis Motor Speedway" when prompted for the components to be installed.
3. After installation is successfully finished, go back to .\INDYCAR\ directory at drive C: and remove INDYCAR.EXE.
4. Select the file you have renamed on step one and rename it back to INDYCAR.EXE.
5. Now you will have a completely full version of IndyCar Racing installed on your hard drive! Titus03 - 1 month ago
I must add that the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Expansion Pack floppy disk also includes RaceCar Paint Kit utility. So, if needed, it can be installed as well along the track without having to make any extra effort in addition to the one mentioned above. Titus03 - 1 month ago