Xbox controller (for windows) doens't work with Mirror's edge ?

1. Hi there,

My Xbox controller (on Pc) works perfectly with Prince of Persia 2008 and Grid but just doesn't respond when playing Mirror's edge.

I run Vista 32bit and have the latest drivers installed. I even tried old drivers.

On the EA forum someone posted a similar problem and I tried that driver (XBCD 2.5.2) but it just doesn't work.

The strange thing is that in de game menu de Xbox controller menu is available. But the controller buttons and sticks just don't respond.

Can anyone please help?

User Info: PRQike

PRQike - 10 years ago

1. @ Roland Hazoto:

Hi Thanks for you answer. it got me on the right track.
    I installed the emulator and the game finally 'saw' my original xbox controller but the buttons were all wrong. So i deleted the emulator but forgot to delete the 'dinput8.dll' file.

The emulator must be installed in de Mirror's Edge 'binaries' directory. So the file was still in there. And a miracle happened. My Xbox controller worked flawlessly. So it;s only down to this file 'dinput8.dll' from the emulator.

Strange but you don't here me complain.

User Info: PRQike

PRQike - 10 years ago 0   0

1. Try the xbox controller emulator 3.0

User Info: RolandHazoto

RolandHazoto - 10 years ago 0   0