How do I make my computer run DI faster?

1. I can run the game but turning, moving and all is slow...
    System:
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X3 700e Processor (3 CPUs), 2.4GHZ
    Memory (RAM): 8192 MB
    Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Display:
    Chip Type: GeForce 8400 GS
    DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Approx. Total Memory: 4079

User Info: Alexjunior50

Alexjunior50 - 7 years ago

Answers

1. Your processor is too slow (DI requires 2.66GHZ)

Check if you have the latest nvidia drive installed, but I think a 8600GT was a minimum requirement.

Also, check out this site:

systemrequirementslab.com

It will scan your system and tell you if you can run the game properly or not.

Make sure the drive containing your windows has enough space left (at least 1 gb i believe.)

Also, make sure to close all programs in the background, if youre playing MP, leave the firewall on, if not, turn your firewall off, too, and maybe disconnect your internet connection while playing singleplayer.
    Spare as much CPU as you can to give it to DI.

As I can see, your using a CPU with multiple cores, you may want to do the following:
    Start DI. now while in the main menu, bring up your task mnager (ctrl+alt+delete), and choose the processes-tab. Now goto the DI entry, right klick on it (if there is no entry of DI, klick "Show processes from all users"). Now choose "Set affinity", and check all cores to assign DI to them. Idk if the following is supported by windows 7, but it should be:
    Right klick on the DI process again, and choose priority, and set it to the highest amount available.
    Now close your TM, and go back to DI. Close it via the main menu, and restart it.

Another thing would be to download a mod that allows the usage of the developers menu, and check/change settings that may improve your performance.
    NOTE i have no idea about the stuff you can do with the dev menu in detail, all I know it may have useful options available. Use this at your own risk, and only if the methods i described above do not help you at all. Use google to search for a download and instructions on how to install in your language as I seem to get german results only.

User Info: waschbaerjohann

waschbaerjohann - 7 years ago 0   0