Why cant I get through the direct x check on installation ?

1. I have downloaded the 9.0C direct x but still the installation tells me that I have the wrong version...

I am running XP familily with SP3
    on a P4 2.6GHZ ( I know it is old...)
    Grafic card ATI RADEON HD 2400 PRO AGP with PILOT version 8.453.0.0

User Info: mawate

mawate - 7 years ago
  2. Clarification Request:
    Are you installing the Directx from Game CD or from internet?

Directx installation from Game CD doesn't have any problems.

User Info: Muffu_rockz

Muffu_rockz - 7 years ago

Answers

1. The Directx will throw an error if you are running version 10 or later (i.e. Windows vista, 7) What you need to do is the following:
    1 - Copy all files from the CD to a location on your HD. (Keep CD in your drive, you still need it)
    2 - Go into the copied files, open a folder named 'AutoRun' and then open the 'AutoRun.cfg' file with notepad.
    3 - Find where it lists 'DirectXVersion=' and change its value from '9.0c' to '0'. Close and save the file.
    4 - Go back to the main folder you copied to your hard drive and install the game by running 'autorun.exe'.
    The game disk will need to be in your drive, but you must run the installation from the copied files on your hard drive.

Hope it works for you.

User Info: DjWinchester

DjWinchester - 6 years ago 0 0