Does it run on windows 7 ?

1. Ive downloaded and installed all 3 patches but when I run it it doesnt work. Is it compatible with windows 7 ?

User Info: Rover73

Rover73 - 10 years ago

Answers

1. It works with me I have windows 7 32-bit.

User Info: futureTrunks374

futureTrunks374 - 9 years ago 0   0
  2. This problem affects 64-bit Vista and 7. However, it has been known in rare instances to affect 32-bit as well. The first time you launch the game it creates an options.ini file in "C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth Files". If it can't create the file it will just exit (sometimes without even an error message). The latest patch is supposed to solve this problem (1.03), however it can also be fixed manually. If you have a friend with the game, get them to send you their options.ini via e-mail or msn or something, and stick that in your "My Battle for Middle-earth Files" folder. If not, go to "www.gamefront.com/files/9837859/BFME2-RotWK-Vista-Patch/" and download the file. Extract the archive, ignore the french readme, and just copy one of the options.ini files (doesn't matter which, they used the same format for all the BFME games) and paste in your "My Battle for Middle-earth Files" folder.

User Info: TheRealSeif

TheRealSeif - 9 years ago 0   0
  3. Alternatively, some people say that disabling UAC (User Account Control) solves the problem for them, but it didn't work for me when I had this problem.

User Info: TheRealSeif

TheRealSeif - 9 years ago 0   1