Review by Relic_666

Reviewed: 11/03/08

Keyword? Engrossing!

Ah, Fallout 3 one of the most (if not THE MOST) anticipated titles on PC of 2008. I was quite interested in how I would enjoy this game after seeing some of the game play videos. No. I haven't played any previous fallout title. No, I haven't played oblivion. Yes I am ecstatic that I haven't because I can play this game with a fresh mind without hindering it. Fallout 3 has it's critics. Ranging reviews from "Oblivion Clone" to "Game Of The Year". The purpose of this review is to try and show the reader a unbiased view of the game.

-Story- 9/10

Great. Can't complain about the story. I wont go into to much detail as I don't want to spoil it for you but the story is truly unique and innovative and above all else...ENGROSSING. You actually care about what is happening as well as anxiously await whats going to happen next. The true gem of this game however, isn't just the main appeal of the main story, but it's completely compelling side quests. The side quests are actually memorable and usually have some sort of good reward for you in the end. All in all If you love adventure Fallout 3 delivers...oh hell does it ever.

-Controls- 10/10

Controls are simple and easy to come to grips with. Took me maybe 10 minutes to understand the controls. Technically speaking, they are amazing. Somehow they managed to mix a perfect blend of bare simplicity with Extreme complexity to create a perfect blend of controls. Bad controls can ruin a awesome game. Thankfully it's not the case here. Props.

-Graphics- 8/10

The textures are amazing, and the atmosphere couldn't have been done any better. It may lag behind a little bit compared to some other recently released titles however it still holds it's own in it's own respect. I really couldn't complain...I honestly couldn't I was to sucked in by everything going on around me.

-Sound- 9/10

The sound was very well done. While running through the wasteland you can actually hear when something is running after you. I don't mean you can hear them because they are screaming their asses off at you but you can hear them from their sheer footsteps. Half the time it scares the hell out of you because your anxiously waiting for it to jump out at you. Music is great and very atmospheric, and the built in radio in the game only adds to the suspense and feel to the game. You can tell while playing that a lot of effort went into selecting which tracks were to be used for the game for the specific settings. You really have to play it to get what I mean.

-Replay Value- 10/10

Now a days, replay value is huge. And Fallout 3 delivers. With endless amounts of customization and skills and choices you could play through Fallout 3 countless times and have many completely different scenarios and feels to the game. For example you could be a Military Large Gun wielding Expert or you could be a Sneaky Lock picking thief who is a expert in explosives. No matter how you love to play, there is a viable option in Fallout 3.

-Overall- 9/10

I went into this game with no expectations. Just a clear mind and a bit of curiosity. After playing for 2 hours I was completely hooked and engrossed into the massive and interactive world. I do not regret my purchase of this game, and there have been many that I have, however this game stands out. If your a fan of a amazingly engrossing story, awesome and easy controls, and a highly customizable game, then look no further then Fallout 3. You wont be disappointed.

Product Release: Fallout 3 (US, 10/28/08)