Why does the game freeze whenever i put in a console code?

1. I'm using windows vista and every time i open the console window and put in a code and exit the menu the game freezes ShoNuffSODS - 12 years ago - report

1. When you put the console window up, apparently you need to keep the game paused or it crashes. I just recall this from my random reading on the internet. TheJonatron - 12 years ago - report 4   0

1. Make sure to use the tilde ~ key to open and close the console, don't click the close button on it.

If it still freezes, type chareditor into the console and it will bring up your character sheet. Click accept to close the character sheet and you should be able to move again. This is what I use and I've never had a problem with it.
    eminems6 - 12 years ago - report 13   5