I Played Ground Zeros, but Will I need to play any other MG/MGS games to Play/Understand Phantom Pain?

1. Howdy folks of the Internet. I have enjoyed Ground Zeros, and I'm looking forward to Phantom Pain immensely. Unfortunately, I haven't played any other metal gear games, so i'm concerned that many plot points, story twists, and narrative will be lost to me when I play Phantom Pain. I own a PC, and nothing else, so I can't play any of the other metal gear games. I don't want to use emulators to play several games just to be able to enjoy phantom pain's story. I will enjoy phantom pain nonetheless for the badassness and gameplay, but the story, setting, characters will have more impact if I knew the context. Is it's foolish to read a plot summary, and if so, is there just one or two games I should play via emulator in order to appreciate phantom pain? Thanks for reading.

User Info: rushupork

rushupork - 4 years ago
  2. Pardon the spelling of zeros. Hopefully I didn't offend anyone...

User Info: rushupork

rushupork - 4 years ago

1. You don't necessarily need to play the games, but it is highly HIGHLY recommend you follow up on the lore. The games can be complicated if you don't do some reading online due to its what I call "Star Wars story telling" (time jumping. MGS 4 takes place in 2014, while MGS 5 takes place in 1984).

Sources:
    metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Wiki

www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2050xm/metal_gear_the_complete_story/

Note:
    For some reason its telling me "h-t-t-p://" is a banned word. Good job GFaqs!!

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle - 3 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. Well thank you, Ghost_Turtle. I read the plot summaries of metal gear through metal gear solid, and I understand a chunk of the lore. Your reply was the final nail in the coffin. I think I'm finally ready for phantom pain. Really really really really excited. Appreciated

User Info: rushupork

rushupork - 3 years ago 0   0