How to fix Glitch in Bandit Spy Extraction?

1. Hello everyone.
    I decided to do the Bandit Spy Extraction quest in Fable Anniversary. I talked to Tanya, and began clearing out guards. Everything was going swimmingly. I got to Gibbet Woods, and I saw the guards and 3 traders. Being greedy like I am, I killed all three traders in order to get their loot. Turns out one of them was Otto, so I got the quest failed screen and reloaded at the entrance to Gibbet Woods. Fair Enough. I killed the guards again, but I could not interact with any of the traders. Not matter what I tried, I couldn't interact with them, so I killed them expecting to see the quest failed screen again. Nope, nothing. Okay, Otto must be farther back, I thought, so I went back looking for him. I killed all the guards and even the bandit mercenaries. Nothing. There is not a single living soul between Gibbet Woods and Bowerstone but I didn't get any kind of game over or quest succeeded screen. However, when I try to leave in order to do something else, it tells me I can't leave because the quest is still active. So now I'm stuck in the small quest area, with no idea how to either finish or fail the quest. I would rather not reload my save, as I'll lose about an hour of gameplay. Not disastrous, but annoying, but I really don't want to do that. Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

User Info: TheNulgarian

TheNulgarian - 2 years ago
  2. Additional info: Since posting this, I went back to Bowerstone North and decided to start punching Tanya (Because why not?) She keeps saying she has important information to tell me, as if I haven't triggered the quest yet. Also, I can't talk to her even though she has the green outline.

User Info: TheNulgarian

TheNulgarian - 2 years ago

Answers

1. Hi TheNulgarian,

Fable Anniversary Edition has quite a few bugs, apart from the issues with graphics "updates" and cutscene model remastering.
    This issue is most likely embedded too deeply within the game and doesn't have a fix that I'm aware of. If at all possible, you may reload the save prior to or at the beginning of this quest. I understand frustrations about losing progress. The price for a decently buggy remaster, unfortunately.

Best Regards,
    JPeG

User Info: JPeGXJGaming

JPeGXJGaming - 2 years ago 0   0
  2. I got the quest to complete after it bugged out on me. I had to re-do it, though. First I re-started the game. I then used the escape key to skip all the NPC dialogue at the beginning AND end of the quest. I hired all 4 bandits. I caught up with the trader BEFORE he exited to Gibbet Woods. The trader was almost dead by the time I got him into the Bowerstone North gate. I am not exactly sure which of these things I did allowed the quest to complete successfully, but try doing what I did, since it worked for me after previously failing.

User Info: mcchuggernaut

mcchuggernaut - 1 year ago 0   0