Not enough VRAM?

1. So the game tells me i don't have enough vram (I'm assuming that is just RAM, tell me if i'm wrong plus i looked up VRAM in the computer search bar and it didn't know what the hell I was talking about) but i most definitely have enough RAM, like 4 GB (3.89 GB available) and it is only asking for 1 GB. HEEEELP, I freaking loved Bastion and really want to play Transistor now.

User Info: SirBenG

SirBenG - 4 years ago

Answers

1. Your GPU (Graphics card) will have its own ram. This will be the VRAM that it talks about. The RAM that you're thinking of it your general, separate system RAM. You could have 4, 8, 16, 32GB + of that RAM which would help with most things you would ask your computer to do. The VRAM that is on the graphics card though is separate. It could be used to store texture information or perhaps assist the system RAM. It is a separate type of RAM though.

Do you know what type of graphics card you have installed? If you do, check to see how much VRAM it has and it is under 1gb then you unfortunately have your answer. If it has 1gb or over then there could be an issue with your system that it is not registering the graphics card's RAM successfully.

Best of luck.

User Info: Hicks233

Hicks233 - 3 years ago 0   0

Question Status
Question about leveling up? Answered