Should I attempt to play even if I don't meet the minimum CPU requirements?

1. According to "Can you run it," my pc doesn't meet the minimum CPU requirements for this game. It meets all the other requirements. I also checked and apparently CPUs are hard to upgrade for a laptop. Do you think it's worth trying to play it anyway? I've also heard that sometimes they purposely put the minimum requirements a little higher than is actually required. What do you think?

Required: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
    I Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.30GHz

User Info: schoeppeyk

schoeppeyk - 2 years ago

1. You probably won't encounter any problems. The CPU can sometimes cause a bottleneck if it's too old, but generally it shouldn't be much of a bother.

If the game can't run on low settings (which it probably can), lowering your resolution generally helps. And if it won't work with a lower resolution even, you can always modify the game's config file or use a special software that lets you config the game as you see fit by lowering settings that you find unecessary while experimenting.

You should also know that the game looks beautiful, even on low settings.

User Info: 7daysko

7daysko - 2 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. It'll probably run fine. When you're in big cities, though (mostly Novigrad and Oxenfort) it'll run super choppy. I have the i5-2500k and a Rx480 and get a good 60 fps pretty much everywhere except those cities. It's still a 10/10 with my setup IMO.

User Info: Uncle_Choad

Uncle_Choad - 2 years ago 0   0