How to comprehend sword(item) stats in Witcher 3?

1. Hi, I am new to the RPG genre and I find it difficult to comprehend stats in witcher 3, especially while comparing two swords.

So while in the inventory section, when I hover the cursor on the sword, it gives info such as : 22 - 26(-2[hammer icon]) Damage -8. What does 22 - 26 mean, and the -2? Can anyone help me the attribute names for those values? Thank you

User Info: RollsG

RollsG - 4 years ago

Answers

1. The 22-26 is the basic range of damage you will do with your basic quick and strong attacks. If you press C on your inventory to bring up your character screen you will get a more detailed description including crit chances, damage, and special effects. The -2 is the comparison to the weapon you have equipped.

User Info: ttestagr

ttestagr - 4 years ago 1   0
  2. 22 - 26(-2[hammer icon]) Damage -8

22-26 is the attack power of the equipped weapon
    -8 is the difference of the atk power compared to your equipped one
    -2 repair cost per instance

User Info: squek

squek - 4 years ago 1   0