Duke's Dear Freja/Ashen Knight Boyd?

1. Okay, so I've done everything there is to do in this game, apart from PVP.
    I'm in NG+++ and I've used a bonfire ascetic on the Lower Brightstone Cave bonfire so it's up to 7. (trying to get her soul for more crystal soul spears.)
    I have always summoned Ashen Knight Boyd for this fight, because in my experience he the most useful summon in the game, apart from maybe Lucatiel for the Smelter Demon fight. Anyway, I killed Freja on my way through to light the primal bonfire, and summoned Boyd just fine. Now, used the ascetic, and his summon sign is gone. Is anyone else having this problem?

seeing as I don't pvp, I always play offline, and just recently broke down and got the update, (huge mistake, imo, miracles are completely useless now. nerf uses of spears AND reduce the damage by almost half? I loved my GLS. =( sigh, I should clear my cache just so I can use them again.) anyways, before the update, I never had any difficulties with Boyd's sign. possible glitch maybe?

User Info: tuckrwk

tuckrwk - 5 years ago