What ship should I go for next after the Cobra MKIIV?

1. I currently have the Cobra MKIIV. I have been doing mostly trading missions that go for about 60k to 80k each. I am looking into mining as I am finding them at a 100k to 200k mark. There are also bounty missions that go for about 100k each. I am fairly good at combat and very good at maneuvering my ship. I have not figured out how to aim for power plants, etc. I am using a keyboard and mouse. Should I go try bounty hunting? I have died multiple times to these types of missions. Maybe I am not looking for the right one? So which ones should I go for for beginner bounty missions that give about 100k each?

Now to the main question:
    Which ship should I go for If I were to do some trading, possibly mining, and or possibly bounty hunting?

I am at a loss of which ship to go for as they are too "unbalanced" and they focus on one specific area and not everything that I am used to.

Side question:
    Any suggestions for setting up any of the ships for combat, trading, and mining?

Thanks in advance :)

User Info: DarkLeviathan

DarkLeviathan - 3 years ago

1. There are a lot of variables in what you're asking about, but generally speaking, if you're planning to do those three activities, you should be able to use the same vehicle for all 3.

If you're planning to do much mining, you're going to be find yourself in an RES, and your average RES is already filled with bounty targets as it is. When you're cruising around in the RES looking for a good rock to mine, it's inevitable that you'll either be targeted by, or otherwise find yourself in the vicinity of bounty targets - enough that you can easily make several hundred thousand credits in bounties on top of what you're bringing back in mined resources just by occasionally peeling off and targeting whatever the cops or other miners are shooting at.

Look into getting a Clipper or a Federal Dropship. You could get a Type-7, but, I'd only recommend that if you're more interested in trading than you are mining (more cargo space). The Clipper and Dropship both have medium and large hardpoints though, which will allow you to use tier-2 mining lasers but also fit yourself with good offensive capabilities.

User Info: Jolteon

Jolteon - 3 years ago 1   0